Monday, June 4, 2007

Readings (+ test of podcast)

I started reading the Isaac Asimov novel (series) Foundation recently, voted the "best all-time sci-fi series." I love me some sci-fi. Speaking of sci-fi, if you haven't ever seen them, you should really Netflix a copy of the Ray Bradbury Theatre, a ridiculously campy yet creepy sci-fi series from TV, starring a young Jeff Goldblum and even younger Drew Barrymore. I think Shatner's even in one of them.

Here's some stories that are awesome enough to have been pulled from sci-fi, but are actually real.
1. Radiation Eating Fungi
2. Journey to the Centre of Mars
3. Journey to the Centre of the Earth
4. Mad Scientist / Evil Doctor (my favorite, just because of the craziness; this is outstandingly unethical)

Furthermore, in an additional tangent, you can download Journey to the Centre of the Earth here and read it on your computer/iPod etc. It's a bit slow at times, but still I recommend it.

No comments: