This is awesome. The ability to quickly look up phone numbers, locations, etc., and more importantly Wikipedia answers right at my fingertips are what I've always longed for in a phone. I've not let myself get interested in the iPhone, intentionally, but this ad makes it seem purty neat. $600 + 2 year contract sucks though.
In other news, I may have just been hired as a sort of home-office technology consultant. I called about a Quickie Job I saw posted on the BU Job Board:
JOB:
Provide support of HW/SW including Microsoft Office 2003 &
2007 products. Experience in desktop/laptop issue resolution &
configuration. Troubleshoot Outlook, PocketPC, Norton, etc.
So I called, the guy said he needs a harddrive partitioned, Norton removed (apparently can't get it off a disk), needs a solution for syncing folders on a flash drive/harddrive, needs some networking shared folders crap figured out, etc. I had anticipated an old woman who needed help w/ MS Word. I told him that I was out of practice w/ many of these things (especially PC networking) and didn't want to do him a disservice by taking forever to do this in inefficient ways. He then said "Well, I'd like a Mac person, since I'm thinking of switching to Mac, and want to get this Mac emulator installed along w/ OSX on a PC partition. So read up on that, and I'll call you when I'm back in town in a week." So, despite my best intentions, and telling this guy that I was not the right person for the job, he basically wants to pay me $10/hr. to do the same kinda random troubleshooting I've helped random people do over the years. So, we'll see how this works out.
Picked up one of these for $50 today. Not a bad way to use some graduation money from a elementary school teacher.
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment