Today was misting, in a gross wintry-mix kinda way, nonstop my entire delivery shift. Kinda lame, and I had to wear sunglasses to be able to keep my eyes open against the constant mild assault from miniscule droplets, but I have learned why runners like weather like this. I was so cool the entire day, and compared to my usual hot and angry shifts, this was pretty mild.
I have also come to love any delivery that is past Washington street, but not specifically on Corey Hill/Summit Ave, etc., because it allows me to return DOWN Corey Hill, without having had to go up it. I always skid-off some velocity on the uppermost hills, because otherwise I'd be absolutely out of control by the end of the descent; I think I hit like 35mph going down only the last of the big hills there. Speaking of which, I also bet I could skid the entire way down it, and easily bust through a tire in one go. When the current tire gets almost worn out, I might try that.
Also, everybody's workin' for the weekend. Including me. Tomorrow's off, thank god.
Saturday, June 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment