Man. So this time, I was at a picnic with Naomi, her dad, and a bunch of other people. Some kid asked me about my elbow, because I guess I had a scar on it. I brushed the question aside, and said "Mitch here's got alot of scars. He's got a great one on this ring finger here" (setting him up for one of his favorite things, of revealing his cut-off-finger-stub to unexpecting people). The kid didn't seem interested in that, and tried to show us another scar of his. He then found a little skin fold on his palm, and proceeded to peel ALL OF THE SKIN on his flexor forearm and palm apart down the middle like opening a book. His dad then started poking around in there and was like "You're in med school, can you tell us what nerve this is?"
I was like "Oh my god, stop that... you really really need to take him to the hospital right now, this isn't normal at all." To which they replied that he'd been there yesterday for something, and they had just packed his arm and sent him home, so they could avoid having to reopen it back up to check some deep structure later. Still doubtful, I was like, "Alright then...." and just let it slide.
Then I woke up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so i think you miss me AND my dad. (he is missing a forefinger.)
Post a Comment